IUGONET Data Analysis Software (UDAS)
- UDAS s1.00.1 has been released. This is for the latest version of SPEDAS (Version 1.00) [October 31 2014].
What is UDAS?
The iUgonet Data Analysis Software (UDAS) is a plug-in software for the Space Physics Environment Data Analysis Software (SPEDAS) (former THEMIS Data Analysis Software Suite: TDAS), which is written in Interactive Data Language(IDL). UDAS provides dedicated routine programs to load various ground-based observation data provided by IUGONET to enable the plotting and analysis of the data on the SPEDAS/TDAS platform. SPEDAS/TDAS/UDAS consists of CUI and GUI tools. The GUI tool provides an intuitive operation for IDL beginners.
Features of UDAS
- Automatic data download without specifying the data's location
- Data analysis without regard to the file format of the data
- Parallel display of different types of data including SPEDAS/TDAS-loading data (THEMIS, ACE, GOES, etc.)
- Utilization of various analysis functions equipped in SPEDAS/TDAS (e.g., frequency analysis, filtering)
- Output into an ASCII file or image files (e.g., PNG, JPEG, GIF)
When you use the IUGONET data, please check the data policy for each data set. The data policy will be displayed in the console, when you run the load procedures on IDL. It is also possible to search the data policy at the IUGONET Metadata Database.
- We acknowledge the cooperation and generosity of the THEMIS Science Support Team in allowing us to use the SPEDAS/TDAS for our data analysis software, and in our developing the executable SPEDAS/TDAS on the IDL virtual machine environment.
- SuperDARN KSR radar data was provided by the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT) through ERG-SC. The load program for this data was developed in collaboration with NICT.
- Our software has been developed in collaboration with ERG Science Center.
For questions, comments, and requests about UDAS, please contact the UDAS development team ().